Lean Food Starch
plantCarb Lean Food Starch is a special starch containing more than 90% amylose and only up to 10% amylopectin.
plantCarb Lean Food Starch is purified from a specially bred barley variant.
plantCarb Lean Food Starch is a Resistant Starch that reduces the glycemic index of the food product, depending on the level of PlantCarb Lean Food in the individual recipe. Thus, plantCarb Lean Food Starch supports a healthy choice in control of overweight and type-2 diabetes.
plantCarb Lean Food Starch holds multiple application opportunities aside from always bettering product glycemic index.
- Maintains texture
- Gelatinization after heating to 100 degree C
- Rapid and efficient retrogradation after high-temperature (>130 degree C) gelatinization
- Improved viscosity in yogurts
- High-quality extruded products
- Highly efficient emulsifier systems
Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition (2022)
Food Chemistry 404, 134525 (2023)
Food Hydrocoll 135, 108171 (2023)